In light of the recent summer shootings in Toronto, I started thinking about how quickly life can be taken away from us. The cliche line, life is short, couldn’t ring truer in instances like this. Reading headlines about the lives of innocent people being taken leaves me feeling rather gutted.
I start and end my days (most of the time) by reading the news. So often we are inundated with “bad” news and news of devastation locally, nationally, and all around the world. My mind started to wander as I read the news tonight and lead me to this blog about living in the moment. I haven’t blogged in a while because I have been busy wedding planning so why not live in the moment and write this post!
- Be spontaneous- I don’t always like having a set plan, sometimes an adventure turns out to be more exciting than a scheduled plan.
- Be grateful- Sometimes it is easy to forget to stop and count our blessings. I am so grateful for the people in my life and for the opportunities I have been rewarded with.
- Don’t sweat the little things- The little bumps in the road can be a set back but remember to look at the big picture and try not to internalize obstacles, as they help shape who we are.
- Have no expectations- This is not meant to sound as cynical as it might appear, but this helps me avoid feeling disappointed.
- Be confident- Confidence will get you through ANYTHING!
- Trust your gut- When I have that nagging feeling of “should I?” “shouldn’t I?”, I have learned over the years to trust my gut instinct and just go for it. When I ignore my instincts, I often regret it!
- You only live once- Not to quote Drake or anything… but we really only live once. In my life, it is my goal to try everything once. I don’t like to say no to something I haven’t tried and so far this has proven to get me into some exciting situations!
What are some of the ways you live in the moment?
Thanks for stopping by,